Monday, June 8, 2009

There is no hope...

Q: Describe how the leech has become suited to its lifestyle.

A: The leech can fast feed.
A: Leeches are endoparasites.
A: Leeches can suck up litres and litres of blood and still not get full.
A: Leeches have an anus that also serves as a mouth.
A: Leeches store blood obtained from the previous feed for times of emergency (life or death)
A: Leeches are marine organisms that live in mostly rivers.
A: It injects itself to vertebrates in order to suck out blood for feeding. It’s head is spiny.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, but oh dear I think I see the finish line of the July handicap and these folk are likely to be at the back of the pack. Someone put them out of their misery.

    If I thought long and hard about this I could probably answer the question, but I'm not sure I'd do any better than them ;) Can you give us the "right" answer please Luke?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Leech people of planet Zorgon 8 perhaps...

    you should have told them to draw a picture as well :)

    ReplyDelete